A fundamental element of all Regional Committees is the ongoing grassroots connection with parents, family members, consumers and community partners.
In order to encourage and promote the highest level of membership and communityparticipation in the representing regions, Regional Committee leadership must be prepared to engage in any or all of the following roles:
Develop long term goals for ensuring the Regional Committee’s success (including election of officers, or coordinators)
- Fostering revolving leadership opportunities for all members to gain experience as an elected officer, a committee chair, task force coordinator, etc.
- Plan and implement the annual Regional Event/Conference
- Obtain financial sponsorship and conduct fundraising events for the Regional Conference and other regional program activities
- Seek regional input and advice from the stakeholders the priorities for focus under the mission, vision and goals of Fiesta Educativa.
- Conduct all meetings in the open and with full encouragement and active participation of the community by announcing the meetings so that interested members of the community may attend. Examples of announcements can be flyers, bulletin board postings, newsletter articles, website and calendar alerts that extend to other community agencies, advocates, or family resource centers.
- Educate and inform the Corporate Board prior to any proposed policy or operational changes regarding their local Committee and their activities.
- Represent FE Inc. at various social, professional and/or political functions as appropriate and as requested.
- Convene and/or conduct local community program meetings, and/or educational events on educational, social or legislative issues of concern to members of the community, parents of participants and their families, and local educators and legislators.
For further details on Procedures for Formation and Regional Committee Structure, please contact us at email@example.com.